Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bishop Henry Parsley Jr. announces retirement from Episcopal Diocese of Alabama


From Alabama-

The Rev. Henry N. Parsley Jr., bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Alabama, today announced his plan to retire at the end of 2011.

Parsley became bishop-coadjutor in 1996, serving under Bishop Robert Miller, and became Bishop of Alabama in 1999.

"Fifteen years is a long, full tenure for a diocesan bishop and I believe that my decision to retire in two years is in the fullness of time for the diocese and me," Parsley said in a news release. "When I retire I will have gone to seminary 41 years ago and been ordained nearly 39 years. It continues to be a fascinating life's work."

His announcement today came during his address to the Diocesan Convention, held this year at the Marriott Shoals Hotel in Florence.

More here-

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/02/bishop_henry_parsley_jr_announ.html

No comments: