Saturday, May 29, 2010

Courtesy of Twitter, God speaks


From the "You Can't Make This Stuff Up" Department- (CNN)

Apparently even God is getting in on the Twitter business.

A new website launched this week called almightytweets.com culls tweets in which God’s advice is shared. Take, for instance, this one from this afternoon: “Yesterday Eli said ‘God told me we had to go to dippin dots.’ So we did.”

Some others that have posted in the last 24 hours include:

My mom said God told her I was gettn married soon. I hope he didn’t mean this weekend in Vegas…lol

I WANNA SPAZZ OUT SO BADD BUT GOD TOLD ME CHILL OUT RELAX BRUDDHA KUZ U NO FOOL JUST DO U

God told me that I’d become self-righteous!

Hot on the site are references to a news story earlier this week in which a man in Lousiana was found walking the streets naked. When asked why, he reportedly said God told him to do it to save his soul.

It’s stories like these that inspire Marc Hartzman, a creative director in a New York ad agency who’s behind almightytweets.com. He wrote the recently published, “God Made Me Do It: True Stories of the Worst Advice the Lord Has Ever Given His Followers.”

“The stories range from the totally absurd to the horrific,” he said by phone.

More here-

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/26/courtesy-of-twitter-god-speaks/?hpt=Mid

No comments: