Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Yes-Yes of the Rosary


From Patheos-

I've got a confession to make.

I'm regularly praying the Rosary. There, I said it.

For months now, and daily during the work week.

I'm up at 4:15 a.m. It's still dark. Quite dark. I find my Droid X and the Rosary App I downloaded for free. I find my beads given to me by the angel who ran our RCIA program at St. Joan of Arc's and I head quietly downstairs to my living room, my dog Harley following sleepily and looking at me as if I've lost my marbles, communicating with his eyes that he'd much rather be back in his bed.

I first gather my thoughts. I think about who I want the Rosary to be prayed for. The usual suspects will include family mostly, friends who've communicated a need, and then our political and military leaders. I talk quietly to God about those intentions and then I launch the app. Twenty-five minutes or so later, I'm done and better for it. Believe it.

More here-

http://www.patheos.com/Resources/Additional-Resources/Yes-Yes-of-the-Rosary-Rick-Rice-07-13-2011.html

No comments: