Monday, August 20, 2012

Zimbabwe: Church Turned Into a Den of Robbers


From Zimbabwe-

Ever since I was at school I was awed by church, it was a place where I could talk to me God and right on its doorsteps repent for my sins, finding comfort in forgiveness. Now I am a grown man I still believe that, but I cannot help feeling the burden of my sins.

However, I cringe in repulsion when I look at the Anglican Church that has been taken by President Robert Mugabe's Zanu PF. Remembering the Sunday school sermons we had when I was still a little boy, I just do not understand why the Anglican Church has been turned into a den of robbers.

Our Saviour Jesus Christ chased people out of church when the greedy priests were conducting their business right in the house of God. But in Zimbabwe, a country which claims to be Christian at core, the authorities ignore the Anglican Church excesses.

Jesus for all his sanctity was angry and often when I pass through a seized Anglican church I find myself angry at the people who are ransacking one of the biggest churches in Zimbabwe. Nolbert Kunonga a Zanu PF ex-communicated bishop is in charge of the church which now resembles a brothel as people drink beer and conduct business in its holy entrance.

More here-

http://allafrica.com/stories/201208200231.html

No comments: