Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Muslim Convention in a Church? You Better Believe It

From California-

On Saturday, the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) held their 12th annual convention at All Saints Episcopal Church in Pasadena, Calif. It was a historic moment that generated significant controversy over the church's decision to host a Muslim organization's convention. Multiple news media outlets including the LA Times and New York Times covered the debate in the days leading up to the convention. I wasn't quite sure what to expect as I headed to the church that morning, but I guessed I might run into a few protestors there. Sure enough, they were there to greet me when I arrived.

Just outside the front doors stood several men holding signs that insulted the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). They had planted themselves there several hours prior to the start of the convention and were making it quite clear that they were vehemently opposed to Islam and any Christians who associated with its followers. Interestingly enough, though, these men weren't engaging Muslims convention-goers in this debate. They were actually yelling at peace protesters who showed up to support the Muslims! I was floored at this wonderful gesture of solidarity.

More here-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wardah-khalid/muslim-convention-in-a-church-you-better-believe-it_b_2318802.htmlv

No comments: