Monday, April 28, 2014

That horrible church moment for us introverts when we have to….yuck…and what I learned about it today

From Patheos-

I like 12 minute Episcopal homilies.

No time for fooling around. Just get to the point. And since that point can show up at any time, I have to be paying attention.


Paying attention to sermons is new for me. In the past my mind would often wander because my mind tends to do that during a 45 minute Sunday morning “sermon”/lecture/doctrinal beat down/look-at-how-much-I-know session.


In a way, I miss those days. I got some of my best writing ideas daydreaming. And those times when I was paying attention, long sermons allowed me to flex my judgmental muscles, thinking of all the ways that, if I were preaching on that verse, it would be so much better.


More here-

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/peterenns/2014/04/that-horrible-church-moment-for-us-introverts-when-we-have-to-yuck-and-what-i-learned-about-it-today/

No comments: