Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Richard Dawkins calls himself a 'secular Christian', has sense of nostalgia for church traditions

From Christian Today (Australia)-

The outspoken atheist and evolutionary biologist was presenting the first volume of his memoirs, An Appetite For Wonder, at the festival over the weekend.

According to The Telegraph, he made it clear he felt nothing for the spiritual teachings of Christianity, but his comments suggested a tolerance of the church as a cultural tradition.

"I would describe myself as a secular Christian in the same sense as secular Jews have a feeling for nostalgia and ceremonies," said Dawkins.

"But if you don't have the supernatural, it's not clear to me why you would call yourself a minister.

"But I am a secular Christian, if you want to call me that."


More here-

http://au.christiantoday.com/article/richard-dawkins-calls-himself-a-secular-christian-has-sense-of-nostalgia-for-church-traditions/17419.htm

No comments: