Saturday, September 6, 2014

Churchgoers want more youths in their ranks

From Connecticut

In moments of weakness, I am prone to complaining about a certain question that I am asked almost every time I meet a new person in a religious context: "Why are you in church?"

The wording may vary, but the basic query -- and the surprised tone in which it is stated -- remains the same.

Many of my fellow UConn students who grew up in the so-called "mainline" Protestant churches -- Congregational (like me) or Methodist, Presbyterian, Episcopal, etc. -- seem to think there's something rather shocking about me attending church regularly at my age, and I am far too prone to growing defensive about it.


More here-

http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Churchgoers-want-more-youths-in-their-ranks-5737452.php

No comments: