Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Confessions of a Gay Jesuit: How I Was Forced To Leave My Church—And Calling

From The Daily Beast-

Today, at 35, I am a gay seminarian who still needs human touch. For me the best place is the Episcopal Church. Some day I will be a priest, hopefully married with children. That’s what I’m looking for, love; it falls under the rubric of modern love. I am a modern gay Christian in search of love, one who still wants to become a priest.

From 2004 to 2014 I was a Jesuit, a member of the Society of Jesus in good standing, an order gone global by the election of Pope Francis I. I left the Jesuits because I left the Roman Catholic Church. I would not be an openly gay priest in a Church that fires LGBTQ employees and volunteers. I left in protest: How could I be an openly gay priest who fires LGBTQ employees and volunteers?


More here-

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/25/confessions-of-a-gay-jesuit-how-i-was-forced-to-leave-my-church-and-calling.html

1 comment:

JCF said...

Welcome to the Episcopal Church, Mr Brenkart: Peace o' Christ! :-)