Monday, July 27, 2015

Understanding Anglicanism is a bit like assembling an IKEA bookcase

From The Cafe-

Well, the smoke has all cleared and the dust is starting to settle after this very exciting General Convention, and we’re back to getting in the grooves of our ordinary Episcopalian lives.  For me, that meant getting back to reading an Anglican theology reading list that was assigned to me by my Diocesan Board of Examining Chaplains.

Frankly, Anglican theology is difficult to grasp for non-Anglicans.  Last semester, when I took Church History II through the Graduate Theological Union at Berkeley as part of my online studies at CDSP, I had to take it with the Lutherans, and found myself really annoyed at the author of our textbook for how he described the English Reformation.  It was almost as if he dismissed the whole thing as political, and not theological at all.


More here-

http://www.episcopalcafe.com/understanding-anglicanism-is-a-bit-like-assembling-an-ikea-bookcase/

No comments: