Thursday, July 26, 2018

Presiding Bishop to have surgery for prostate cancer

From ENS-

Presiding Bishop Michael Curry announced July 25 that he will soon undergo surgery for prostate cancer.

Dear Friends in Christ,

A few months ago, through my annual physical, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. After a variety of tests, consultations, and conversations with my wife and daughters, I decided on a surgical treatment course. On this coming Tuesday, July 31st, I will have surgery to remove the prostate gland.

I am happy to say that the prognosis looks very good and quite positive. I have spoken with several others who have gone through this, and who have offered both encouragement and helpful advice. I will be in the hospital for at least a day, then at home to recuperate.

I’ve been told that 4-6 weeks is a reasonable time to anticipate. I plan to resume my duties in early September and I do not anticipate any significant changes in my commitments.

More here-

https://www.episcopalnewsservice.org/2018/07/25/presiding-bishop-to-have-surgery-for-prostate-cancer/ 

and here-

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/07/26/american-bishop-who-delivered-sermon-at-royal-wedding-says-hell-undergo-cancer-surgery.html

No comments: