Monday, November 19, 2018

Worth Talking About: The Episcopate and Women

From The Living Church-

At some point in the last year I received a very kind email asking me to put my name in for bishop. Someone I did not know had nominated me. It was flattering and terrifying. I have been ordained for about 30 minutes (or since 2013). I have never been a rector. I have never handled major conflict in a leadership role. And I do not like hats. So, I emailed back with a polite No, thank you, and I believed that would be the end of it.

Moments later, I received an email back that said, “Well, let us know if you think of anyone.”
And I thought, “That’s what I say when I need to hire a magician for my kid’s birthday party.”

More here-

https://livingchurch.org/covenant/2018/11/19/worth-talking-about-the-episcopate-and-women/

No comments: