Thursday, April 18, 2019

Lionel Richie reveals he once 'seriously' considered 'being an Episcopal priest'

From Fox-

Lionel Richie’s life could have turned out much differently had he stayed on his initial path.

The 69-year-old star told People that before music, he had plans to be a man of the cloth.

“I left my mom and dad’s house to go to Tuskegee University, and I met my Commodore friends there,” Richie said. “At the time I was seriously considering being an Episcopal priest.”

Richie didn’t say if he began studying or how far into the idea he got. However, he says things soon changed.

“[But] the first time I played with the Commodores, a group of girls screamed,” he recalled. “Up until that moment no one, no girl, had ever screamed at me. I didn’t play basketball, football, baseball. I played on the tennis team, and no girl ever screamed at the tennis court. It was right after those girls screamed, I remembered saying to myself, ‘I don’t think I’m gonna be priest material.’”

More here-

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/lionel-richie-once-considered-being-an-episcopal-priest

No comments: