Saturday, May 16, 2020

Austin priest runs marathons around his house to keep neighbors safe

From Texas-

When Austin's stay at home order first happened David Peters got restless. 

So the Episcopal priest did what he knows best: run. 

"I ran a marathon around my house 26.2 miles," said Peters.

"I just was feeling a lot of anxiety about running out in the streets with other people and being around. So I just said, I'm going to focus on what I can do." 

It took Peters over 5 hours and 600 laps around his house to finish. 

Since March he has ran two full marathons and other long runs. 

"It's like I kind of have the rhythm, of course my grass is about to not recover from this," said Peters. 

More here-

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/austin-priest-runs-marathons-around-his-house-to-keep-neighbors-safe

No comments: