Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rev. Rich Martindale steps down at Trinity Episcopal Church


From Atlanta-

The Rev. Rich Martindale, rector of Trinity Episcopal Church, has resigned after nearly six years leading the historic downtown parish.

He resigned Monday night at his church’s Vestry, or board, meeting. A letter went out to parishioners Tuesday.

“For the last several months, the Vestry, the Wardens and I have been working and praying very hard to discern how best to meet the needs of the Parish and do the work we have been given to do in the name of Christ. At times, that discernment has been exhilarating; other times it has felt like a struggle,” Martindale wrote. “After consultation with the Bishop of Atlanta, the Wardens, and of course, my dear wife, my own portion of that discernment has led me to understand that the time has come for me to conclude my ministry to and with my friends at Trinity.”

Read more:

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/06/23/1629902/trinity-episcopal-church-rev-rich.html#ixzz1Q67v9sXR

No comments: