Friday, October 30, 2015

Thistle Farms founder is proving ‘love heals

From Columbus-

Anika Rogers had been arrested 87 times.  

Her life story was typical of other women in her shoes: She was sexually abused from ages 5 to 12, a runaway at 15, eventually homeless, and she carried a heavy load of drug, prostitution and related convictions.   

But after she walked out of jail and through the doors of Thistle Farms in Nashville, she learned that she was much more than just a statistic.  

She was a strong, vital part of a community. And she had a voice.

“They believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself,” Rogers said. “And they were able to love on me when I couldn’t love myself.”

The Rev. Becca Stevens, founder of Thistle Farms, will visit Columbus next week to share the story of Rogers and other remarkable survivors.


More here-

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/faith_and_values/2015/10/30/thistle-farms-founder-is-proving-love-heals.html

No comments: