Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Faith leaders show support for Muslims in RI

From Rhode Island- (with video)

“Once you turn on the television or turn on the radio and you hear the anti-Islam rhetoric,” said Wendy Ibrahim. “It creates a form of fear, like do I hide my family, do I need to hide my children?”

The Warwick native is one of many Muslim Americans who are worried about being targeted over their faith. She said she refuses to hide or be silent, which was a similar sentiment brought forth by leaders of other faiths.

“I bring support as a Christian, I bring support as an American citizen,” said Rev. Nicholas Knisley of the Episcopal Diocese of Rhode Island. “Our nation was founded on an ideal that all people’s faith will be respected.”


More here-

http://wpri.com/2015/12/15/faith-leaders-show-support-for-muslims-in-ri/

No comments: