Monday, September 19, 2016

REFORM FROM WITHIN OR WITHOUT? RICHARD HOOKER ON HERESY IN THE CHURCH

From The Living Church-

My family and I spent a week this summer in the woods, amid the spruce and fir, fresh smelling, surrounding Faraday Lake. While my son was napping, I was able to spend some long hours shut up in our cabin, or out on the porch, thinking and praying. A couple of months or so after General Synod, my mind is still buzzing; I’m continually asking myself about the future of the Anglican Communion, the Anglican Church of Canada, and what role I might play in all of this.

My natural inclination is to reach for some arguments about what it might mean to “stay” or to “leave.” But I’m tired of arguments, not because I don’t find them compelling, or their logic inexorably convincing. I suspect other people are also tired of persuasion and unconvinced by impersonal arguments.


More here-

http://livingchurch.org/covenant/2016/09/19/reform-from-within-or-without-richard-hooker-on-heresy-in-the-church/

No comments: