Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Why are Catholics so notoriously bad at fellowship?

From Aleteia-

Recently I was asked to speak at a local Catholic women’s group. It had been awhile since I’d put on my speaking shoes, and I was genuinely excited. That is, until I was given my topic. Fellowship, they said.  Fellowship? I couldn’t help but wince. Not suffering? Prayer? Family discord? Keeping the faith during crisis?? Nope, fellowship.

It was hard not to think about potlucks with slow cookers full of unrecognizable cuisine, or coffee and donut functions where one lucky greeter uncomfortably stands at the entrance of the parish hall while the attendees dine and dash. Or when a really progressive church asks the congregation to greet one another before Mass (gasp!) and people awkwardly start digging through their purses or suddenly find themselves absorbed in the missalette.

- See more at:

http://aleteia.org/2016/09/19/why-are-catholics-so-notoriously-bad-at-fellowship/?ru=98fb40ef545fd34cc71fe33efb0b416b#sthash.i8fP7xOs.dpuf

No comments: