Friday, April 13, 2018

Anglican Church still ‘equality-free zone’ for same-sex couples, says Archdeacon Peter MacLeod Miller

From Australia-

St Matthews Church in Albury has been warned against blessing any same-sex marriages, despite having the support of the congregation.

Archdeacon Peter MacLeod-Miller says he is frustrated and ashamed he cannot marry gay couples who now have the same legal, if not religious rights.

“I’ve been warned that if I was to officially bless anyone that my head is on the line,” he said. “At the moment the church won’t allow it, and that’s not because our congregation won’t allow it or because I’m unwilling.

“I don’t have the religious freedom to conduct it - the church is an equality-free zone.”


More here-

https://www.bordermail.com.au/story/5341157/anglican-church-still-equality-free-zone-for-same-sex-couples/?cs=12

No comments: