Saturday, December 17, 2016

Fighting for faith

From Oklahoma-

Several University of Oklahoma students who walk into St. Anselm of Canterbury feel they can’t go anywhere else.

The church is a place they can pursue spiritual fulfillment and Christian fellowship without having to hide their sexuality from the congregation.

Even amidst growing public acceptance and support for the LGBTQ community, it can still be an issue in one of the few places people feel they can truly open their souls: the church.

“I definitely, to this day, feel the tension between the person I expected myself to be and the person I am,” said “Amanda,” an OU junior and Canterbury attendee. “It was especially difficult when I felt a lot of fear.”


More here-

http://www.theadanews.com/news/local_news/fighting-for-faith/article_22699e3e-1bd7-5637-8486-d9034aae2e1f.html

No comments: