From The Epsicopal Church-
At its February meeting, the Executive Council of the Episcopal Church awarded $821,000 in grants for church planting and Mission Enterprise Zones, to fund the start of 20 new ministries throughout the Church.
The grants for church planting and Mission Enterprise Zones, which are evangelistic ministries with populations that are under-represented in the church, are funded through General Convention 2015 Resolution D005, approved as part of the Jesus Movement priority to build a capacity for church planting in the Episcopal Church.
The Genesis Group - the Advisory Group of Executive Council’s Joint Standing Committee on Local Ministry and Mission - received and reviewed 35 grant requests. Executive Council approved $821,000 in matching grants to the following ministry applications.
• $510,000: six new church starts
• $85,000: one renewing ministry (started in the last triennium)
• $100,000: two Hybrid/Mission Enterprise Zone grants
• $100,000: five new Mission Enterprise Zones
• $26,000: six discernment grants
Speaking to the Soul: Enough
35 minutes ago