Thursday, May 18, 2017

Church's view on homosexuality 'needs work' - Mpho Tutu van Furth

From New Zealand-

Mpho Tutu van Furth knows plenty about forgiveness, having been booted from the Anglican Church on account of her homosexuality.

Using the wisdom gained from her own experiences growing up as a black woman in apartheid-stricken South Africa, she co-authored The Book of Forgiving alongside her father, high-profile social activist and Anglican Bishop Desmond Tutu.

While she is free to continue her ministry in the United States, she had her licence rescinded in South Africa when she revealed she was gay - and she admits the period that followed was a difficult one.

"Do I forgive the church?" she wondered aloud on Thursday's edition of The AM Show. "I understand - I think I understand. I understand the challenge, but I don't necessarily feel that it's something that needs forgiveness.

"I think it's something that needs work, because the place that we're in is an entirely wrong and untenable place."


More here-

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2017/05/church-s-view-on-homosexuality-needs-work-mpho-tutu-van-furth.html

No comments: