Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Episcopal bishop: Stand with young people marching for safe schools

From Central NY-

Christians have a responsibility to stand with those who feel most vulnerable, especially when those persons are our children and youth.

I invite all the people of Central New York to join me at 8 p.m. Tuesday, March 20,  for a Facebook Live conversation on gun violence issues (at facebook.com/bishopdede), and then to prayerfully consider joining with me on Saturday, March 24, to walk in peaceful protest of gun violence and support the young people of our country. There are marches planned in several cities in the Diocese of Central New York - and around the country - that day.

I support responsible gun ownership. When I was growing up, guns were part of my life. I hunted with my brothers, regularly shot skeet (well, to be honest regularly shot at skeet) and even mastered the tricky art of launching skeet with a hand-held trebuchet. "Responsible gun ownership" was not a term I knew because everyone I knew handled guns responsibly.


More here-

http://www.syracuse.com/opinion/index.ssf/2018/03/episcopal_bishop_stand_with_young_people_marching_for_safe_schools_your_letters.html

No comments: