Saturday, May 2, 2020

A "Pissing" Section in the Pool

From Olympia-

“A Pissing Section in the Pool.” That is what he said. I don’t even remember what news program and what epidemiologist, as I am in the Zoom/News blur of pandemic life, but I very much remember his answer. The reporter asked the epidemiologist, “with no federal coordinated response, and some governors defying guidelines for reopening, do you think this uncoordinated approach will work?” The epidemiologist just looked back at the camera and said, “does a pissing section in the pool work?”

And like a Damascus road experience I was suddenly able to see in a way I had not before. You may be wondering where I am going with this, and those of you that hound me about “staying out of politics” or “staying in my lane” which usually is translated really to, staying out of YOUR politics, or out of YOUR lane, I am going to look at this theologically, the Church, my lane.


More here-

http://www.bishoprickel.com/blog/a-pissing-section-in-the-pool?fbclid=IwAR20zMrmc1Ge72kVwwpxjdNw52HkoSUXFl5XpO5X-Vza7hCJ0VxHCfGyOlQ#


No comments: