Monday, May 1, 2017

First married gay vicar quits as minister in 'institutionally homophobic' Church of England

From The Independent-

An Anglican vicar who became the first in Britain to marry his same-sex partner has announced he is quitting as a minister in the “institutionally homophobic” Church of England.

Father Andrew Foreshew-Cain, a member of the ruling General Synod, is leaving his church in north London to move to the Peak District with husband Stephen, but will not seek another parish as he said he was told he wouldn’t be given one.

“I’m resigning my parishes and won’t be a licenced minister anymore and, because I’m married to Stephen, it was made clear to me that I wouldn’t get a licence for a new church," he told The Independent.

“In the normal run of things, I’d be looking for a parish up north but I can’t have one because of the institutional homophobia of the Church of England.”


More here-

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/andrew-foreshew-cain-gay-married-vicar-west-hampstead-london-leaves-church-of-england-a7710721.html

No comments: