Saturday, November 4, 2017

Tradition and Innovation: Seminaries that Change the World, Class of 2017-18

From Huffington-

I loved going to Seminary. It defined me. It challenged me. It shaped me. It broke me down and built me up. Because of it, I am who I am today.

Seminary made me into my best self and from that place I gained the courage to engage in the world with energy, creativity, experience and confidence.

In seminary, I learned about the multi-cultural context of the Bible’s literature. I learned about the courage and stamina of the Hebrew prophets. I learned about the history of our faith. And I learned that ministry didn’t have to look any certain way.

In seminary, I was challenged not to accept easy answers, but to ask tougher questions and then to lead with insight, grace and resolve.

During my field education experience (the “internship” portion of a theological education), I given a training ground, lent a pulpit and a congregation.


More here-

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tradition-and-innovation-seminaries-that-change-the_us_59f9ba38e4b0412aab840c69

No comments: