Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Shelters open doors to Ellicott City residents displaced by flooding

From Maryland-

It was a similar story at St. Peter's Episcopal Church where doors opened Sunday night.

"I'm seeing this coming into my Facebook feed, and people are messaging us and I said, 'As soon as I can get to St. Peter's we'll get people there,'" a church member said.

On Monday, people were dropping off supplies like food, fans and tools to help in the cleanup process.

Bishop Eugene Taylor Sutton, of the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland, came from Baltimore to offer support.

"People can just gather for food, for a hug, some people just came in and said, 'I just want to tell somebody what happened,'" Sutton said.


More here-

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/shelters-open-doors-to-ellicott-city-residents-displaced-by-flooding/20944743

No comments: