Thursday, September 12, 2013

Episcopal bishop takes a stand against anti-Mormon humor

From Utah-

The Rt. Rev. Scott B. Hayashi, Episcopal Bishop of Utah, is a smiler.

He loves to laugh, and those who know him best say he can tell a joke with the best of them.

But there is one form of humor that always puts a frown on his face.

“I don’t like jokes that are hateful toward any one group, especially jokes that are hateful toward a religious group,” he said. “In my baptismal covenant I pledged that I would ‘work for justice and peace and respect the dignity of every human being.’ Statements of hate, regardless of who they are generated against or how humorously they are intended, are not part of what it means to me to be faithful as an Episcopalian. So I say, don’t do it.”


More here-

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865586217/Episcopal-bishop-takes-a-stand-against-anti-Mormon-humor.html

No comments: