Saturday, March 2, 2019

Episcopal Diocese of Kansas to ordain its first female bishop Saturday

From Kansas-

The Episcopal Diocese of Kansas will make history Saturday -- consecrating its first female bishop.

It’s a sign the stained glass ceiling is breaking for women in the Episcopal Diocese of Kansas.
Reverend Cathleen Chittenden Bascom will be the first woman bishop in the diocese's 160 year history and says she feels privilege to take on the role.

"Jesus used everyone,” Chittenden Bascom said. “I am receiving the privilege where women before me did not get this opportunity, and as much trepidation and joy that I have in it that, I have the privilege to do it where African American people were not, gay and lesbian people were not, all those people who were not given the chance to use their gifts. I just feel so blessed."

More here-

https://www.wibw.com/content/news/Episcopal-Diocese-of-Kansas-to-ordain-its-first-female-bishop-Saturday-506577401.html

No comments: