Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Latest Miracle Attributed to Cardinal Newman Verified


From Catholic Online-

We have followed closely the continuing work being done on the cause of John Henry Cardinal Newman.Now we are pleased to report that there is word out of the “Congregation for the Causes of Saints” that the investigation of the latest miracle is finally complete.

The Congregation has confirmed the latest miracle attributed to Cardinal John Henry Newman, the healing of a severe spinal disorder suffered by Deacon Jack Sullivan from the Archdiocese of Boston. The Boston, Massachusetts Deacon told the London Times: "If it wasn’t for Cardinal Newman’s intercession … it would have been virtually impossible to complete my diaconate formation and be ordained for the Archdiocese of Boston...Nor would I have been able to continue in my chosen profession as a magistrate in our court system to support my family.”

Deacon Sullivan insists that through the late Cardinal's intercession he has developed “a very deep sense of the reality of God’s love for each one of us, especially during times of immense difficulties and suffering....I have developed a very real relationship with Cardinal Newman in frequent prayer and I try to pass on what marvelous gifts I have received to those I meet."

More here-

http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=33891

No comments: