Tuesday, June 13, 2017

ANGLICAN DIVISION, THE CROSS, AND ECUMENISM

From The Living Church-

I was ordained in 2009 to plant churches in AMiA, trained by some of the strongest Christians I have ever met. My mentors, two in particular, are to this very day among the greatest spiritual leaders I have ever known. I love them dearly. They believed in me and saw within me a calling to the priesthood, which was nowhere on my vocational radar. They entrusted me with ministry opportunities and sent me out to learn, fail, and occasionally, by God’s grace, to succeed. This is why it was doubly painful when AMiA suffered an internal meltdown due to issues related to finances and submission to authority. I wanted to be a priest in the Church, not a missionary society. Thus began my journey toward the Episcopal Church.

More here-

http://livingchurch.org/covenant/2017/06/13/anglican-division-the-cross-and-ecumenism/

No comments: