Tuesday, June 13, 2017

I Don’t Want a Celebration of Life, I Want a Burial Service

From Anglican Pastor-

When I die, please don’t call my burial service a Celebration of Life. Don’t get me wrong, I hope that people will want to celebrate my life. I just don’t want this to replace my Christian burial.

I want to be buried according to the rites of a Christian. I want to be one more brother in Christ, saved by grace, who died in him and will rise with him. I want to be buried like those who have gone before me.

Grief and Joy

Death is a terrible thing. The burial rite acknowledges the grief and pain of death. It doesn’t hide away from sorrow and loss or need to pretend that death doesn’t happen. Yet it includes both sorrow and joy. “Happy are those who die in the Lord” and “O worthy and eternal Judge, do not let the pains of death turn us away from you at our last hour.” Its all there in a beautiful both/and.


More here-

http://anglicanpastor.com/i-dont-want-a-celebration-of-life-i-want-a-burial-service/

No comments: