Sunday, January 19, 2014

Episcopal diocese's Rev. Margaret Bullitt-Jonas makes Earth's care her ministry

From Westerm Mass-

The Rev. Margaret Bullitt-Jonas may have recently taken up a new ministry focused on environmental spirituality for the Episcopal Diocese of Western Massachusetts, but it is topic that has long been a focus for her.

"I've been increasingly concerned about climate change. In particular, I've been trying to help people of faith understand that tackling climate change is an urgent spiritual and moral issue," said Bullitt-Jonas, who has been involved with environmental activism for 20 years. She is part of an upcoming panel at the Springfield Central Library.

"It's climate change that wakes me up in the middle of the night -- more outbreaks of disease, rising sea levels, difficulty producing food. I worry about my son and my grandchildren. I think about climate change as the most urgent problem that faces human beings today."


More here-

http://www.masslive.com/living/index.ssf/2014/01/episcopal_dioceses_rev_margaret_bullitt-jonas_makes_earths_her_ministry.html

No comments: