Sunday, October 30, 2016

Giving and gaining through charity

From Colorado-

On Tuesday, I woke and checked my iPhone and read my daily Bible verse: “Jesus replied, ‘I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.’” (John 6:35)

With the Bread of Life, we are nourished spiritually. Then we are called to share this sustaining love with others, sometimes by sharing actual bread.

With a smile, I remembered that evening would begin my second season on Maggie’s team. I jumped out of bed and headed to the kitchen to make a large pan of spicy cornbread to go with the double batch of beef chili I’d finished the day before. We will cook and serve the community dinner at St. John’s Episcopal Church each fourth Tuesday for the next six months.


More here-

http://www.summitdaily.com/opinion/columns/giving-and-gaining-through-charity/

No comments: