Friday, November 4, 2016

Episcopal priest stirs interest in faith in Starbucks sessions

From Indiana-

Sometimes they vent. Sometimes they cry.

Almost always, they wonder: What’s up with a black-shirted, white-collared Episcopal priest hosting simple, weekly listening sessions at a local Starbucks?

The Rev. Marc Vance, pastor of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Columbus, acknowledged that the grande idea was hardly his own. Christian ministers have been stirring faith over coffee at shops nationwide for a few years.

“What I wanted was a high-traffic area,” Vance said, sitting at the Starbucks on National Road in Columbus recently. “I told the manager specifically I would not bring any kind of pamphlets from my church, and I certainly would not harass people or ever make them feel uncomfortable. I’m just here to listen to people.”


More here-

http://www.reporter.net/news/state_news/episcopal-priest-stirs-interest-in-faith-in-starbucks-sessions/article_6759670d-cd81-518a-bb7a-bf750e2715a5.html


No comments: