Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Finally an Episcopal Priest in a different kind of Jeopardy

From WILX in Michigan. Pretty nice she's giving her winnings away.

You could say being on "Jeopardy!" is in Pastor Kit Carlson's DNA. "My cousin did this in the '80s and he won five days in a row. My mother used to tell me 'You should go on that show, you should go on that show, you're just as smart as your cousin," Carlson, known to her congregation as "Pastor Kit" tells News10.

Well, that game-show family tree is growing Monday night, as the pastor from All Saints Episcopal Church in East Lansing makes her TV debut.
"The game was great," she says. "The game had categories I really, really knew, but the worst one was Ancient Greek Writers where I knew every answer and could not buzz in, it was making me crazy! I kept saying, 'I know that! I know that one too!!'"

Pastor Kit says the buzzers were tough to work, the make-up was thick, but the experience was unreal. "This was a once-in-a-lifetime thing," Pastor Kit says. Whether you win or not, everyone walks away from the famed game show with money in their pocket-- but Pastor Kit's pocket book isn't bursting.

"I'm giving money to the Haitian Outreach Mission," she says, explaining that a group of Episcopal and Catholic churches in Michigan have set up an orphanage and clinic in Haiti. "Why should I keep this for myself?" Pastor Kit says of the money. "Others need it more than I do." You have to watch the show to find out if Pastor Kit wins or not. It airs at 7:30 p.m. on WILX Channel 10. But she guarantees us: "I did not embarrass my family or my church."

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/29906279.html

There's no question about that.

No comments: