Thursday, September 4, 2008

Good Stuff in TEC: Oregon

Story from a local paper about an Episcopal priest and her church involved in outreach to to low income Latinos.

“I can remember filling out those questionnaires to get a sense of what career I’d be good at it, and sometimes mine would come out a minister and I would just laugh,” Honig Smith recalled. Instead, she became a licensed clinical social worker and married a man who became an engineer. They were going along with their lives, but then she heard a calling. “It was something that I resisted quite a bit,” she said. “Well, I have a career, I’m doing just fine, thank you. But no, God wanted me to do this. It’s too long a story, as to how all that came about, but there is certainly a discernment process – taking some time to pray and process that. Once I made the decision, I started looking back on my life, and I realized that there had been this call all along.”

http://www.tigardtimes.com/features/story.php?story_id=122039911889259800

You can see all of the Good Stuff posts by typing "Good Stuff" into the blog's search engine.

No comments: