Thursday, February 25, 2010

Texas to Study Anglican Covenant This Year


From The Living Church-

The Diocese of Texas will study the Anglican Covenant for the remainder of 2010, said the Rt. Rev. C. Andrew Doyle, diocesan bishop, in his report to the annual convention.

The convention met Feb. 12 and 13 at the Killeen Civic and Conference Center.

“I think we have been playing it safe in this diocese on a couple of issues, when it comes specifically to the Anglican Covenant and to the issues of sexuality and diversity,” Bishop Doyle said in his address. “I am going to appoint a task force to help the diocese focus our attention on the Covenant and will ask them to develop a study curriculum and resources. I also will be asking the task force to propose a model for congregations to engage in conversation around the proposed Covenant and its principles.”

The bishop said he hopes discussion will help the next annual convention express a common mind on the Covenant, which will in turn guide the diocese’s deputation to General Convention in 2012.

“I have already said that I am in favor of the Anglican Covenant. I have been very clear about that,” the bishop said. “But it doesn’t do me any good if I am the only voice. I have got to listen with you and communicate with you so that we together may have a better understanding of what this truly means for us as a diocese.”

More here-

http://www.livingchurch.org/news/news-updates/2010/2/23/texas-to-study-anglican-covenant-this-year

No comments: