Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Staten Island pet cemetery helps animal lovers find comfort amid grief


From Staten Island-

When it was her turn to share at a bereavement group meeting at a hospital in Jersey City, the woman had a surprising confession.

"Most of you know that my mom died, but I’m not here for my mother," she admitted. "I know it sounds silly, but I can’t stop grieving the loss of my dog."

The woman went on to explain that she had a wonderful relationship with her mother. Because she had done everything to make her mom’s last moments on earth as comfortable as possible, she felt at peace over her death.

"But I don’t have the same kind of peace after my dog died," she said.

The statement made Rev. Michael Delaney, who was leading the bereavement group and related the anecdote, realize just how devastating the loss of a pet can be.

More here-

http://blog.silive.com/relationships/2011/11/like_losing_family.html

No comments: