Saturday, April 7, 2012

Church blends music of U2 in traditional service


From Missouri-

I have run

I have crawled

I have scaled these city walls

These city walls

Only to be with you

But I still haven’t found what I’m looking for

Is the singer of these lyrics proclaiming his feelings toward a romantic or a spiritual relationship?

Twelve years after the song’s release, in 1999, “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” was used in the opening scene of the Julia Roberts’ movie “Runaway Bride” as she runs away, on horseback, from a wedding.

But for Mitch Jarvis, senior pastor at First United Methodist Church in Independence, the song’s spiritual connection is clear.

More here-

http://www.examiner.net/news/x586055828/Church-blends-music-of-U2-in-traditional-service

No comments: