Saturday, April 28, 2012

From Los Angeles-


The diocesan community stands in prayer with Bishop J. Jon Bruno who today received a diagnosis of acute monocytic leukemia. He will begin treatment immediately. Bishop Bruno has issued a statement to the diocesan community; the full text is below.

April 26, 2012

My dear friends,

As we move close to the 12th anniversary of my consecration on April 29, I am looking forward to the future, yet any time we make too many plans, we have to wait and listen for God.

Having had what I thought was a bout of pneumonia since the House of Bishops last met in March, I have gone back into the hospital to determine what this nagging problem has been.

With the great assistance of Dr. David Cannom of Los Angeles Cardiology Associates, Dr. Glenn Hatfield of The Medical Group, Dr. Lasika Senevirante of the Los Angeles Cancer Network, and the staff of Good Samaritan Hospital, I have discovered that this nagging problem is more than I thought it was. But I have been convinced by Dr. Cannom and Dr. Senevirante that I am too stubborn to let this go by the wayside, so we will start immediately to begin aggressive treatment for Acute Monocytic Leukemia (AML M5).


More here-

http://episcopalnews.ladiocese.org/dfc/newsdetail_2/3152938

No comments: