Saturday, November 10, 2012

New Episcopal bishop has ties to Fort Worth

From Ft. Worth-


When Bishop Rayford High Jr. was asked to become the provisional bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth, he jumped at the chance.

It's a return to a city where he spent some happy times.

"I was at Texas Christian University for my first year of college," he said. "That was during some of TCU's glory years of football. Bob Lilly, Jack Spikes and Don Floyd made the All-American team."

He also attended Fort Worth's Trinity Episcopal Church, was mentored by the TCU Episcopal chaplain and joined the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity.

"As bad a rap as fraternities have gotten over the years, they were helpful to me," he said. "I met some neat friends. I was part of a band of brothers, and we had to keep our grade-point averages up or we would be put on probation."


Read more here: 

No comments: