Wednesday, October 23, 2013

CETALC fosters theological education in Latin America, Caribbean

From ENS-

Luisa Salguero grew up in the Episcopal Church in El Salvador. Her late father, Vicente Alfredo Salguero, worked for the church and a plaque bearing his name hangs outside the chapel at the church’s office in San Salvador.

As a teenager, Salguero spent some time away from the church, she said during an August interview in San Jose, Costa Rica, and upon high school graduation she studied law at the University of Central America and later went to work for a multinational computer technology company for six years.
Salguero, 32, said her work as a lawyer left her feeling empty, and she began spending more time at church.


“I felt like I had a hole I was filling in,” she said. “I spent all my free time at the church and enjoyed it and discovered that that was what I really wanted to do. I loved what I was doing.”


More here-

http://episcopaldigitalnetwork.com/ens/2013/10/22/cetalc-fosters-theological-education-in-latin-america-caribbean/

No comments: