Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Local reverand (sic) performs baptisms in Jordan River

From West Virginia-

Reverand Chip Graves of Trinity Episcopal Church in Huntignton recently got to tour Israel and Palestine.

Graves also got to baptize eight new-found friends in the Jordan River.

"It was simply amazing," Graves said. "I was standing there at the traditional location where Jesus was baptized, pondering the event, the scenery, when all of a sudden, several folks came to me asking if I would baptize them," he said.

"After personal instruction and hearing their commitment to Christ, I baptized them in the Jordan where it meets the Sea of Galilee," he added. "It was truly a blessed event that I'll never forget."


More here-

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/features/x720298096/Local-reverand-performs-baptisms-in-Jordan-River

No comments: