Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas in Havana

From New Hampshire-

Cuba certainly has been in the news. Having lived there for a year in the 1980’s, traveled to the island many times, and having seen my son just return from his Young Adult Service Corps volunteer year in Cuba this past July, my reaction to the plan to resume diplomatic relations with Cuba is that it may very well be the beginning of a long process of lasting change. In these final days of Advent waiting, expectation and hope, many of us have been waiting and hoping for some good news to come out of Cuba for decades. I thank God for this development. Our five decades long policy of isolation, in my opinion, has not worked. I believe that Americans should be able to travel to Cuba freely, as we do in China and Vietnam. With increased travel and communication the expectation is that seeds of change will be planted.

More here-

http://www.seacoastonline.com/article/20141226/NEWS/141229606/101050/OPINION

No comments: