Thursday, August 6, 2015

What an Episcopal priest learned from singing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir

From Salt Lake City-

It was a sunny Tuesday afternoon in Boston when I stepped into the Citi Performing Arts Center to rehearse with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Because I had expressed interest in writing a piece about the famous choir, I was invited to be a “singing guest,” which meant I participated in a two-hour sound check, or a pre-performance rehearsal, to see how a choir sounds in a new space. I was given a reserved seat in the soprano section. Upon arrival, choir members helped me arrange a black folder brimful with sheet music into the correct order.


More here-

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865633892/What-an-Episcopal-priest-learned-from-singing-with-the-Mormon-Tabernacle-Choir.html?pg=all

No comments: