Sunday, September 20, 2015

Public schools should teach religion

From The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette-

The day Jesus entered my fourth-grade classroom, my childhood forever changed.

It was 1974, and my family had just moved from western New York state to rural Ohio. I was the new kid, and all I wanted was to fit in. But one afternoon that first week, a woman hired by local churches walked into my public-school classroom and my regular teacher left. She stuck figures of Jesus Christ and his disciples on a flannel board, told us how Jesus could solve people’s problems and, a little while later, asked us all to sing the hymn, “Jesus Loves Me.”

Here’s the thing: I’m Jewish.


More here-

http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/Op-Ed/2015/09/20/Public-schools-should-teach-religion/stories/201509200028

No comments: