Thursday, October 29, 2015

Pope Francis embodies vulnerability

From Richmond-

Pope Francis is a rock star. Since his trip to the United States, I hear people talking about him nearly every place I go — from my visits to Episcopal congregations, to my monthly worship service with women at the Richmond City Jail, to lines in the supermarket. People from all walks of life and across all lines of faith seem captivated by this pope. When I met him in mid-October, I saw firsthand something of the surprising source of his magnetism and strength.

Our group of 10 bishops of the Episcopal Church traveled to Rome at the invitation of the bishop of the Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe to learn about the ministry of the church there. One Wednesday morning, we headed across town to St. Peter’s Square for a public audience and brief individual meetings with Pope Francis.


More here-

http://www.richmond.com/opinion/their-opinion/guest-columnists/article_5c43eaa4-30f8-5eb1-adfb-19788344345a.html

No comments: