Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Open letters, unsolicited advice: the Primates’ Meeting 2016

From The Living Church-

The meeting of the Anglican Primates has started today in Canterbury. Since it was announced, I have struggled over whether and how much this blog (or I) ought to speak directly to the issues facing the Primates this week. Like others, I thought it was remarkable that Justin Welby met personally with all the Primates in the first eighteen months of his tenure as Archbishop of Canterbury, and even more remarkable that he persuaded them to gather in Canterbury this week. I found myself impressed also that he has steadily called the Anglican Communion to prayer over this issue; from the beginning, it seems to me that prayer has continued to be the most adequate response we can offer to this meeting, rather than a series of empty words or recommendations.

More here-

http://livingchurch.org/covenant/2016/01/11/open-letters-unsolicited-advice-the-primates-meeting-2016/

No comments: